The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Sunday 27th July
Dukes League Cup 3rd Round
Shenfield 260 all out (43.2 overs)
J Walter 63
Fives & Heronians 264-8 (44 overs)
Saturday 26th July
Shenfield 130-10 (50.4 overs)
Chelmsford 131-2 (19.4 overs)
Shenfield 173-7 (52 overs)
Chelmsford 175-2 (31.5 overs)
Hainault & Clayhall 316-7 (52 overs)
Shenfield 242-4 (43 overs)
R Hutcherson 62
A Nair 57 not out
M Simmons 57 not out
Shenfield 148-10 (43.5 overs)
Wickford 105-10 (36.3 overs)
Dates for your Diary
SOCIAL EVENTS are all at SCC
unless otherwise stated.
- 18th, 19th, 20th August
- Colts Summer Camps
Registration Form here
- 21st August
- Foals Summer Camp
Registration Form here
- Monday 15th September 7.30pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Friday 17th October
- Dinner and Dance, details to follow. (Venue: Warley Park Golf Club)
- Saturday 13th December
- SCC Christmas Carol and Hymn singalong!! Details to follow. (Venue SCC)
- Wednesday 24th December
- Christmas Eve Drinks.
- Wednesday 31st December
- New Year's Eve Party.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- England v India
- Live text and Test Match Special commentary as England push their lead over India past 400 on day four of the third Test.
- England make India batsmen struggle
- James Anderson and Stuart Broad help England continue to dominate India on day three of the third Test at Southampton.
- Moeen warned by ICC over wristbands
- England batsman Moeen Ali is warned by the match referee not to wear pro-Gaza wristbands again in the third Test against India.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Pettini hits century in easy Essex win
- Mark Pettini hits an unbeaten century as Essex cruise to an eight-wicket win over Worcestershire in their opening One-Day Cup game.
- Sussex in world record run chase
- Sussex pull off a world-record run chase with nine balls to spare against T20 Blast South Group winners Essex.
- Lancs host Glamorgan in T20 Blast
- Lancashire take on Glamorgan at Old Trafford in the opening match of the T20 Blast quarter-finals on Friday, 1 August.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 15th July 2014
- Shenfield’s longest serving Tea Lady passes away - It is with great sadness that we have to say goodbye to Mary Hindley who passed away yesterday, age 70.
The funeral service has been arranged for 2.00pm on Wednesday 23rd July at St Mary’s Church, Shenfield.
Family flowers only. Donations welcomed to MacMillan Nurses, British Heart Foundation, or Cancer Research.
Mary will be greatly missed but happily remembered, for she was never seen without a smile on her face, just as in this photo. Our sincerest condolences to Bill, husband of 42 years, sons Michael & Richard and family.
Mary prepared and made teas from an early age. First helping her mum make teas for her husband Joe when he played for the 2nd XI. She then progressed to being in charge for her husband Bill’s time, also for the 2nd XI. It was only last year when she returned to being an assistant for Michelle to help out Michael.
Mary still visited the home games when her boys where playing.
- 10th July 2014
- Summer Camps for Colts and Foals, run by Head Coach, Thomas Fulk - These will be for Colts on Monday 18th August, Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th. The Foals Camp will be on Thursday 21st August. Click here to download the Colts registration form and here for the Foals form.
- 7th July 2014
- Bikeathon - It's All Over Now!
Stuart Barnes wants to say a big "Thank You" to everyone involved at Shenfield Cricket Club this weekend. Riders, sponsors, friends and colleagues who supported us throughout the event - you know who you are!! We expect to raise in excess of £3,500. Brilliant!
Read Stuart's full report on the event and how to pay outstanding monies.
Here's a spreadsheet with all the riders' names and their times.
Also, details of the the winners of the sprint challenges.
- 5th July 2014
- We could win 1 of 6 flat sheet covers up to the value of £350 from the ECB, with your help. - For every 5 players at our club that fill in the National Cricket Playing Survey, the club will get one ticket in the prize draw. So 10 responses means 2 chances to win, 15 is 3 chances and so on!
The more players from SCC that fill in the survey the more chance we have. Simple!
Hurry though…there’s not long left!
Other prizes on offer too.
The national playing survey will not only will help in evidencing to the government around possible funding for the game, but also in providing us valuable information to clubs, leagues and districts around the current feeling amongst players in the game.
The ECCB are also keen for you to take part in this survey - See here how to claim discounted tickets for Essex v Hampshire on Tuesday 22 July in The NatWest T20 Blast.
- 2nd July 2014
- Tour De Shenners Sprint Challenge - Are you up for the 2 minute sprint challenge? Go on - give it a go!
Full details here.
- 1st July 2014
- Summer Camps for Colts and Foals, run by Head Coach, Thomas Fulk - These will be for Colts on Monday 18th August, Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th. The Foals Camp will be on Thursday 21st August. Click here for full details of how to book.
- 30th June 2014
- 5 days to go! - Bikeathon Update
- 27th June 2014
- Bikeathon - just 7 days to go - Thanks to those who have already made pledges. We cannot personally get to you all, so please, please, come forward with your sponsorship pledges via email direct to Stuart Barnes, or update the sponsorship form available at the SCC Bar from today.
This is a Team event, so it doesn’t matter who you sponsor!!
We hope to see many of you on the Friday night/Saturday but do not wait until then before you pledge some £££. Remember all of the Riders are Parent Volunteers or Colts. We are putting life and limb on the line so appreciate your support!!
Our target is 750km over 24 hours – to help us you can sign up as a “Special guest” on the Riders Schedule on the wall to the right of the bar. See who has already agreed to keep us company and why not join in?
Remember we will be cycling ALL NIGHT and throughout Saturday to try and hit 750km.
STOP PRESS On Friday night (4th July) we also have a very talented singer coming along (Francesca Priest) to do a set from 8:45PM. All are welcome!!
- 19th June 2014
- Bikeathon Sponsorship - Some of you have asked how you could sponsor us – well here is how!
Decide who you want to sponsor from the list of riders & contact them via email / text / in person with how much you wish to donate.
We hope to see many of you on the Friday night / Saturday but please do not wait until then before you pledge some £££.
Remember all of the Riders are Parent Volunteers or Colts. We are putting life and limb on the line so appreciate your £££ support!!
- 19th June 2014
- Jack Newton, Rishi Mukherjee and Tom Ballington - Congratulations to these three U14 Colts representing Essex away to Kent this Sunday. Good luck - we are very proud of you!