Dates for your Diary
SOCIAL EVENTS all at SCC
unless otherwise stated.
- Tuesday 11th March 7.30pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Friday 14th March, Doors Open 7.30pm
- MADNESS, TWO TONE, SKA and Reggae tribute! 7.30pm - late. Ticket only affair, tickets just £5 each. Brilliant band! Book by contacting Roachy on 07952 498009 or at email@example.com
- Friday 21st March, 7.30pm - late
- Pre-season supper/dance/auction! Tickets £10 including curry + rice, with the brilliant Dani Clay Band performing! (Venue: Old Brentwoods Sports Club) More details here
- Sat 29th March and Sun 30th March
- Pre-Season Working Parties
- Friday 4th April, 7.30pm until end.
- Quiz Night. Tickets £5, bring your own nibbles.
- Sunday 4th May (Bank Holiday weekend)
- Scouts v SCC 5th XI daytime, 80s Disco in the evening! Details to follow.
- Thursday 8th May
- 1st Twenty20 Match
Away v Leigh-on-Sea 6pm
- Sunday 25th May 1pm
- 1st Round CCC Cup
Home v Hampstead 1pm
- Friday 17th October
- Dinner and Dance, details to follow. (Venue: Warley Park Golf Club)
- Saturday 13th December
- SCC Christmas Carol and Hymn singalong!! Details to follow. (Venue SCC)
- Wednesday 24th December
- Christmas Eve Drinks.
- Wednesday 31st December
- New Year's Eve Party.
Would you like to play for SCC?
- 1st March 2014
- Cooky's Big Bash! - Tickets go on sale on Monday, 3rd March, for this Benefit Year event which is a T20 match on June 5th between Essex CCC and Cooky's All Stars. More information and online booking here
- 25th February 2014
- Colts - Please see the Pre-Season Newsletter from Colts Chairman, Stuart Barnes, for important and interesting information.
- 14th February 2014
- Football Camp cancelled - Unfortunately the weather has meant the fields are completely out of bounds and obviously we would not want to compromise anyone's safety by playing on dangerous grounds.
- 10th February 2014
- The League Fixtures were published today - They are now available on this website, as are the first round Twenty20 fixtures. Check out the Sunday and Midweek page too, for Matchplay, CCC and Bertie Joel matches.
- 8th February 2014
- Only a week to go until the Half-Term Football Camp at SCC. Discount prices now available. - For ages 8-14, open to all, not just SCC members. All the details about signing up are available here.
- 17th January 2014
- Senior nets - 1st team skipper Jack Kliber has organized a net on Mondays at Writtle, 9 to 10pm, starting on Jan 20th. Likely to feature some of the clubs stronger cricketers. Text Jack on 07837 968326 if you are interested in attending.
If netting with 1st and 2nd teamers does not appeal then we also have a net at Writtle on Sundays from 5 to 6pm. This features some 3rd, 4th and 5th teamers as well as some U16s. Spaces are strictly limited so please email firstname.lastname@example.org
And a 3rd option is a net on Fridays from 9 to 10pm, also at Writtle. This contains a mix of folks from Shenfield, Harold Wood, Brookweald and East Hanningfield. A rehydration in the pub after this one is not compulsory, but is strongly encouraged. Again, contact email@example.com if you are interested in this.
- 17th January 2014
- Colts/Foals winter training - Training for U6/U7s starts on Friday Feb 28th at the St Martins Sports Hall, 6 to 7pm. Only 2 places remain for this popular 5 week course.
There was insufficient demand for a full course for U8/U9s but we are looking at options. Watch this space.
U10 to U13 nets are running on a Sunday from 4 to 5pm at Writtle. U14/15 nets follow from 5 to 6pm. A small number of spaces remain on a few dates.
See senior nets for U16s and above.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- 17th January 2014
- Half-Term Sports Camp at SCC for ages 8-14, open to all, not just SCC members. - All the details about signing up are available here.
- 5th January 2014
- Here's an interesting read for you - The Captains' Review of the 2013 season.
Happy New Year to you all.
- 1st December 2013
- Anne Robinson - We were very sorry to hear that Anne has passed away. Older members of the club will remember her and her husband, Keith, who was a popular SCC Sunday captain from 1963 – 1973, and their son, Max, a keen player. Our sincere condolences to Max and the rest of the family.
There is a photo on the website of Anne and Keith together.