The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Saturday 6th September
Brentwood 302-9 (50 overs)
H Levy 5-59
Shenfield 289-9 (50 overs)
O Ekers 113
J Walton 44
Shenfield 269-7 (52 overs)
J Walter 93
Brentwood 206-7 (47 overs)
R Roy-Mukharjee 4-44
Shenfield 298-6 (36 overs)
T Fulk 135
G Pratt 62
G Sapsford 45
Brentwood 133 all out (38 overs)
Wanstead 182-9 (52 overs)
S Bukhari 4-31
Shenfield 185-5 (42 overs)
D Southcott 54
Dates for your Diary
SOCIAL EVENTS are all at SCC
unless otherwise stated.
- Tuesday 23rd September 7.30pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Friday 17th October
- Dinner and Dance.
Warley Park Golf Club 7.30pm for 8pm
£35 per head includes 3 course meal and entertainment.
- Saturday 13th December
- SCC Christmas Carol and Hymn singalong!! Details to follow. (Venue SCC)
- Wednesday 24th December
- Christmas Eve Drinks.
- Wednesday 31st December
- New Year's Eve Party.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Trott ready to resume England career
- Warwickshire's Jonathan Trott believes he is ready to resume his England career, 10 months after he quit the Ashes tour.
- Extra pace key to progress - Woakes
- Warwickshire seamer Chris Woakes says finding extra pace was key to getting his central contract with England.
- Moeen desperate for 2015 Worcs place
- England all-rounder Moeen Ali says he is desperate to play for newly-promoted Worcestershire in 2015.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Leicestershire fold after Foster ton
- Essex skipper James Foster hits 132 as they beat Leicestershire by an innings and 79 runs in two days at Grace Road.
- Ryder spell shatters Leicestershire
- Jesse Ryder takes 5-50 as Essex bowl out Leicestershire for 138 and then reply with 153-3 on day one at Grace Road.
- Essex ease to victory over Kent
- Essex take only 17 balls and 11 minutes to complete a nine-wicket victory over Kent on day three at Chelmsford.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 18th September 2014
- Congratulations to and thanks from Shenfield High School. - Garry Sapsford says Shenfield High School is very grateful to Shenfield CC for hosting 3 Essex Schools Cricket finals this September. Shenfield High made each of these finals, winning the U19 final on the last ball v Newham College. SCC youngsters Alex Rickenbach, George Pratt and Haris Mahmood were fundamental to the dramatic win with 5 SCC players in total representing the school.
The U13 girls final was a local derby between Shenfield and St Martins with SHS winning by 30 runs with SCC's Imogen Southcott awarded Player of the Match. These Shenfield girls were also crowned National Schools Champions at Wormsley CC this week in a remarkable few days for the school's cricket teams.
The last Essex Schools final will feature Shenfield's U15 girls against St Angela's on Monday,22nd. Good luck in completing a county treble girls!
- 15th September 2014
- The Annual Dinner Dance At Warley Park Golf Club on 17th October is fast approaching - 7.30pm for 8pm. £35 per head, includes 3 course meal and entertainment. Tables of 8 ideally, but other numbers of between 6-10 can be worked out. Dress: Smart.
Final numbers and payments need to be in no later than OCT 3RD!!! Please let us know any dietary requirements when booking your table; we cannot sort this out on the night!
Please contact either Martin Ekers or Steve Roach to book tables and arrange payment.
Martin Ekers - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Roach - email@example.com or text 07952 498009.
- 8th September 2014
- Colts - Colts' Chariman, Stuart Barnes says "While it was sad to say goodbye to the four trophies Shenfield Colts won in 2013, we say hello to two new ones in 2014 at U9 and U11! Many congratulations to Garry Griffin and his U9 & U11 teams for doing so well this season."
- 7th September 2014
- Congratulations to the Under 9s who won the play offs today beating Bentley and then Hutton in the final - The lads deserve to look so happy! Here's what spectator Allan Salisbury had to say about the final - "It was a joy to watch. The Shenfield team were a cut above the opposition and deservedly won the trophy. Hutton were outplayed with bat and ball. Whilst in the field our boys were thoroughly focused on the game, backed up each other, caught well, threw well and hit the stumps two or three times to run-out the opposition batsmen. Just to see boys of that age walking in whilst fielding, watching and concentrating on the game and being alert to every game situation is very pleasing. They looked a really good team.
Our bowlers and fielders took wickets at regular intervals, stifling any opportunity for Hutton to build a total. When batting, our upper order in particular hit some fine shots, including several to the boundary.
Gary Griffin and team have obviously got the players very well drilled: they are a credit to him and to the club. Also bearing in mind that several of the boys are only u8s the future looks rosy for Shenfield colts!
I thoroughly enjoyed my morning and was very proud to support our young players."
- 2nd September 2014
- Super Colts - Delighted to report that the U11s won the League Div 2 West and the U9s are in the play off finals next Sunday (7th Sept) at Bentley Cricket Club, so we are in with a chance of a second trophy. The future looks good, with such strong youngsters coming through the ranks. Congratulations to Garry Griffin who manages both teams.
Your support at Bentley would be much welcomed. Here is the programme for the day.
- 2nd September 2014
- SCC will once again be playing in the Graham Gooch Indoor League over the winter at Essex CC -
6 a side teams have been entered at U15, U13 & U11 age groups. Stuart, Martin & Garry will be running the teams with games scheduled from early October through to March 2015.
- 1st September 2014
- Bertie Joel Cup Final - Sadly, we lost by 25 runs in a match reduced to 35 overs. Hard luck lads and sounds like you had a long day with the rain-delayed start.
- 31st August 2014
- 1st September - Matt Simmons will be updating the twitter account throughout the game.
- 26th August 2014
- A BIG thank you for a great night from Martin Ekers who organised the Race Night on 24th August. - The full results are here.
- 19th August 2014
- Congratulations from all at SCC to Matt Keane who recently got married - See this wedding photo of Matt and his lovely bride, Sophie.