Saturday 25th July
The Shepherd Neame Essex League
50 over match
Orsett 178 all out (48 overs)
Shenfield 182-5 (30.2 overs)
M Salisbury 60 not out
B Wyngard 55
45 over match
Shenfield 203-8 (45 overs)
R Small 58
T Ballington 42
Wanstead & Snaresbrook 207-3 (36.4 overs)
Hainault & Clayhall 310-6 dec (46 overs)
Shenfield 314-9 (43.3 overs)
M Simmons 165
Shenfield 169 all out (32.4 overs)
B Mann 87
Shenfield only had 10 players
Wickford 174-2 (37 overs)
Dates for your Diary
- Monday 10th August - Wednesday 11th
- Colts Courses. See Application form
- Thursday 12th August
- Foals Course. See Application form
- Sunday 23rd August
- John Burrows Memorial Match
Home v Hutton
- Tuesday 1st September 8pm
- Main Committee Meeting
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Wood an injury doubt for England
- England seamer Mark Wood is an injury concern for the third Ashes Test against Australia at Edgbaston.
- Rogers 'good to go' for third Test
- Australia batsman Chris Rogers is fit to play in the third Ashes Test after recovering from dizzy spells.
- Test cricket is 'brutal' - Bell
- Under-pressure England batsman Ian Bell describes Test cricket as a "brutal environment" ahead of the third Ashes Test.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- First over was game-winning - Bopara
- Ravi Bopara says Reece Topley's first over was the "game-winning moment" of Essex's One-Day Cup victory over Lancashire.
- Brilliant Bopara inspires Essex win
- All-rounder Ravi Bopara claims 4-31 and then smashes 101 not out as Essex crush Lancashire by seven wickets at Chelmsford.
- One-Day Cup programme hit by rain
- Bad weather hits Sunday's One-Day Cup programme, with six out of seven matches abandoned because of rain.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 26th July 2015
- Congratulations to Matt Simmons - He scored 165 runs yesterday, more than half the the runs required to beat Hainault & Clayhall's 310 total.
Here's a photo of happy Matt, together with Riaz Rasool who was 33 not out, his final hit being the match-winning 6.
- 14th July 2015
- Message from the League - Play-Cricket Player Registration – It is an ECB requirement to receive full funding that a high percentage of players “SIGN UP”. This will allow the ECB to engage more with current players.
All who have played in League matches will have been registered by our own Play-Cricket administrator, but that registration has not included the ability for members to have their own user name and password to enable more interaction, which you are encouraged to have.
Go to: http://www.play-cricket.com/users/registrations/new
In filling in this application you should also apply to be a member of Shenfield’s club page, which you will be able to search for at the foot of the application page. The club Play-Cricket administrator can then merge this request with your current player profile on the club's Play-Cricket website.
It’s not as complicated as it sounds!
- 8th July 2015
- Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Please note that further updates have been and will continue to be added to the "Latest on the lift the Nets Embargo" page, accessible from the Main Menu on the left, so check it regularly.
- 6th July 2015
- Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Please see more background notes on the club's recent relationship with Brentwood Council.
- 4th July 2015
- "Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Now" - Shenfield CC has launched an online petition to ask our MP Sir Eric Pickles & local Councillors to support parents and members of Shenfield Cricket Club in demanding that Brentwood Borough Council lift its embargo on the Club renewing its practice nets. The Council should not prevent young players from having safe and up to date facilities in this way.
Please sign this petition - it's free and will take just a few seconds of your time.
Please also read this document from Club Chairman, Paul Carter, which gives more detail on the history of this issue, as well as simple instructions for signing the online petition.
- 22nd June 2015
- All Players age 14 upwards - The ECB is calling on recreational players to have their say and influence the future of the sport at grassroots level in its third annual National Cricket Playing Survey.
You have the chance to win prizes, including signed merchandise and pairs of tickets to Investec Ashes Series and Royal London ODIs if you complete the survey!
- 20th June 2015
- New 6th Wicket Stand - Congratulations to Jack Kliber and Ollie Ekers for their record-breaking 6th wicket stand of 185 at today's match v Southend-on-Sea, beating the previous record of 168 held by P Rider and P Lindley since 1988. That's the second record broken this season!
- 20th June 2015
- Our U7 colts recently played their first ever game at Shenfield High School against Brentwood CC - 2 squads played with 1 side playing terrier pairs cricket and the other team playing Kwik cricket.
Both squads showed they have developed good techniques over the last 3 seasons of training, winning each game. Violet Field was player of the match in the Kwik cricket game whilst Matthew Yip was the pick of the bowlers in the terrier cricket game.
The U7s plan to play several more fixtures during the season and we look forward to the boys and girls showing the same enthusiasm and enjoyment for these games. Here's a super photo.
- 11th June 2015
- Summer Camps for Colts and Foals, run by Head Coach, Thomas Fulk - The camps will be for Colts (age 8+) on Monday 10th August, Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th and Foals (age 5-7) on Thursday 13th August. The courses are open to everyone, not just Shenfield CC members.
Click here for the Colts Application Form and click here for the Foals.
- 1st June 2015
- Do you run a local business? - If so and you sign up to an advertising package with Phoenix FM through a recommendation from Shenfield CC, Phoenix FM will donate 15% of the money to the club. More details here.