The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Saturday 25th June
South Woodford 150 all out (41.5 overs)
Shenfield 113-8 (29 overs)
J Walter 53
(Duckworth Lewis employed due to rain interruptions so South Woodford won by 25 runs)
Billericay 193 all out (43 overs)
Shenfield 132-3 (24 overs)
Rain interrupted match.
Shenfield won on higher run rate.
Woodford Wells 307-5 (45 overs)
Shenfield 200-9 (38 overs)
D Castell 64 not out.
Rain interrupted match. Woodford Wells won on higher run rate.
Shenfield 140 all out (29.5 overs)
T Bukhari 61
Oakfield Parkonians 3rd XI 143-2 (25 overs)
Dates for your Diary
- Sunday 3rd July
- 2nd Round League Cup v Harold Wood
Away match - 1pm start.
- Tuesday 12th July
- T20 Quarter Final v Wanstead & Snaresbrook
Home match - 6pm start.
- Wednesday 13th July
- Bertie Joel Cup 1st Round v Waltham
Home match - 12 noon start.
- Tuesday 19th July
- 8pm. Main Committee Meeting.
- Mon 15th Aug - Weds 17th Aug
- Colts 3 day Camp - 10am-3pm for 8 to 13 year olds
Download Registration Form here.
- Thurs 18th Aug
- Foals Camp 10-1pm for 5 to 7 year olds
Download Registration Form here.
- Friday 7th October
- Dinner & Dance - the biggest and best ever and crucial for the clubs fundraising efforts towards the new nets.
Mount Avenue Banqueting Suite. Tickets £40. 7pm for 7.30pm.
Contact Karen Sapsford to book your place.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- England face long home schedule in 2017
- England's 2017 home schedule will span 149 days and feature their earliest start and latest finish to a summer.
- Roy unaware of England ODI record
- Jason Roy did not know how close he was to breaking the record for the highest score by an England batsman in a one-day international.
- Roy's 162 seals ODI series for England
- Jason Roy scores 162 - his second century in three games - to give England a series-clinching six-wicket victory over Sri Lanka.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Essex enquire about Hales and Chopra
- Essex request to speak to Nottinghamshire's England international Alex Hales and Warwickshire batsman Varun Chopra.
- Cook and Broad to play for counties
- England captain Alastair Cook is made available to return for Essex, while Stuart Broad may play for Nottinghamshire.
- Essex will not replace injured Milne
- Essex will not replace injured New Zealand international Adam Milne in their T20 Blast squad.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 20th June 2016
- THIEVES are still targeting players' possessions at cricket clubs, so be very careful - Two clubs were broken into yesterday, one of them being Billericay, for the second time this season. Previously, at least 6 clubs that we know of have suffered. Wallets, phones and house/car keys have been stolen. The League published a warning about this man, so keep an eye out for him, but, of course, he may not be the only miscreant. A couple with a young child were suspected after items went missing from one club.
- 31st May 2016
- Peter Coe Cup Match on Monday 30th - With so many of the Under 12s away on holiday or school trips it was exceedingly difficult to get a team together, but with the help of the Under 10s age group we managed successully to field a competitive team.
We won! Alfie Griffin scored 75!
U12s Manager, Garry Griffin, would like to express his grateful thanks to the parents and children of the U10s for their support, also those who came from the usual age group, including a family who came home early from a holiday to participate. The boys from the U10s were Evan Ackerman, William Dunleavy, Max Toolan and Louie Griffin, all of whom fielded extremely well, bowled 1 over each giving away only 5 runs each and Louie took a wicket.
- 29th May 2016
- New nets open for use, at last! - After a very long wait to get permission from Brentwood Council for our new nets, they were finally installed and were officially opened today by Club President, Michael Wright.
Here are some photos taken on the day.
- 28th May 2016
- 1st XI match against Buckhurst Hill - A visitor, Peter Leavis, took some photos at the match and kindly sent them to us.
He also took a video of the last over which shows just how happy Shenfield players were to win!
- 16th May 2016
- Under 12s played at the County Ground! - As a side benefit of our Jack Potticary being chosen to play in the combined Essex Premier League and East Anglian Premier League team playing a T20 match v Essex Eagles, six of our Under 12s had the opportunity to play in a Kwick Cricket tournament beforehand. More detail and photos here.
- 6th May 2016
- The New Nets have finally been installed. - They cannot be used for another two to three weeks as the surface needs time to settle, but they will be worth the wait! Here are photos of the process.
- 25th April 2016
- Shepherd Neame Essex League Handbook - Please note that the 2016 handbook is only available online.
It can be found here.
- 3rd April 2016
- NEW! SCC Fantasy Cricket League - This season Will Appleton will be running a Fantasy Cricket League covering all 1st to 4th XI league matches. The league will be running mainly to raise funds for the club which, of course, are always needed. As a club we have many fantastic team results and excellent individual performances week after week and this friendly and fun competition can really draw people's attention as to how teams and individuals are performing right across the club.
The Fantasy League is open to anyone and everyone so we encourage players right across the club to not only sign up but encourage family and friends to join in and follow the club as well. The more people who play, the more we raise (and the bigger the prize pool).
Here is a link to the website where you can register your team and make unlimited changes before the season gets under way on May 7th. Once you have registered, please pass monies to Steven Roach behind the bar.
The link on the main menu of this website to the Fantasy League will remain throughout the season.
In case of any queries please feel free to email Will Appleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support and best of luck!
- 31st March 2016
- Ernie Barker - Sadly, we heard today he passed away on Monday 28th March, age 99. Ernie was the club's groundsman for more than 20 years and only retired when he was 85!
Previously he was full-time groundsman at Valentine's Park, Ilford, where Essex County matches were played on a regular basis for County week and during that period he twice won the Evening Standard Award for best cricket wicket outside of the main County Grounds.
After retiring from Ilford Cricket Club at 65 he worked for Brentwood Council looking after the Warley Park cricket pitch where he taught our present groundsman, Chris Boniface, how to maintain a cricket square, whilst also maintaining Shenfield's square and Brentwood's for a while.
Ernie also used to run the Knights Athletic Football Club in the Brentwood Sunday League during the 1960/70's.
His funeral will be held at Bentley Crematorium on Wednesday 13th April at 1pm.
- 23rd March 2016
- A Message from our Chairman, Paul Carter, re the New Nets - After a number of years of protracted negotiations an agreement has been reached between Shenfield Cricket Club and Brentwood Borough Council. This agreement will enable the club to replace and improve the current nets to provide a high quality, safe environment for training/practice to happen.
The agreement means there has to be some regularisation of activities. SCC will control and manage the Car Park and will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of this area. The storage containers needed remedial external works to keep them in reasonable decorative and structural condition. This has been done already thanks to those that helped out at the recent working party. The club also need to keep the pavilion in good order, which we already do, but is now part of the stipulations within the agreement.
A big thank you to all those that have been involved over this period, especially Stuart Barnes, David Carter and Greg Cooper who have given up considerable time and effort and produced plans and sought legal opinions at their own expense.