Dates for your Diary
- Rugby World Cup
- The club will be open for all England matches, except the one v Uruguay on Oct 10th.
- Friday 16th October
- Autumn Quiz Night
Bar Open at 7pm for 7.30pm Start.
Maximum 9 teams of 6 players per team.
Mid-session break for supper.
- Saturday 17th October
- End of Season Party.
Keeley Smith singing -
£5 entry includes chilli and rice.
- Monday 19th October 7.30pm
Main Committee Meeting
Would you like to play for SCC?
- 27th September 2015
- Post-Season Tidy-Up 3rd October 9.30am-1.30pm - Please spare an hour or two to help. Many hands make light work! Post-Season Working Party.
- 15th September 2015
- Jack Petchey Appreciation Day - Jack Petchey winners past and present competed for the inaugural Jack Petchey Trophy with Southcott's Spitfires beating Castell's Chargers in a tight and entertaining match on Saturday, 12th September. Read all about it and see photos!
- 8th September 2015
Autumn/Winter coaching/practice for U10s through to seniors -
Please see details here.
- 29th August 2015
- Physiotherapist, Mike Conyers - Mike is one of the kind sponsors of our fixture cards. He raises a lot of money for charity by taking on some quite stiff challenges, despite being blind.
Along with son Campbell he will be taking part in the Three Peaks Challenge on the 12th September, which involves climbing the three highest peaks in England, Wales and Scotland. He is raising money for SNAP. Originally planned for 3 days, Mike now hopes they can complete it 24 hours!
You can donate direct to his JustGiving page
or you can drop cash or a cheque made payable to SNAP into Crushes Manor Clinic, 501 Ongar Road.
- 20th August 2015
- John Burrows Memorial Match - Do come along and watch this match v Hutton - Sunday 23rd August, 2pm. The format is slightly different this year -it will be an Under 19 match, 30/30 overs.
- 16th August 2015
- Congratulations to Tom Ballington - He was in the Essex U15 team today for a Quarter Final match v Gloucestershire in the National County Cup and scored 104 not out. Photos and more detail here.
- 4th August 2015
- Can you guess how much it cost to physically move the pavilion from its original site opposite The Rose to the top end of our present ground? - Here's the answer!
If you have never really thought about the early days of the club, do look at the 1921-1990 Gallery and History pages.
- 26th July 2015
- Congratulations to Matt Simmons - He scored 165 runs yesterday, more than half the the runs required to beat Hainault & Clayhall's 310 total.
Here's a photo of happy Matt, together with Riaz Rasool who was 33 not out, his final hit being the match-winning 6.
- 14th July 2015
- Message from the League - Play-Cricket Player Registration – It is an ECB requirement to receive full funding that a high percentage of players “SIGN UP”. This will allow the ECB to engage more with current players.
All who have played in League matches will have been registered by our own Play-Cricket administrator, but that registration has not included the ability for members to have their own user name and password to enable more interaction, which you are encouraged to have.
Go to: http://www.play-cricket.com/users/registrations/new
In filling in this application you should also apply to be a member of Shenfield’s club page, which you will be able to search for at the foot of the application page. The club Play-Cricket administrator can then merge this request with your current player profile on the club's Play-Cricket website.
It’s not as complicated as it sounds!
- 8th July 2015
- Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Please note that further updates have been and will continue to be added to the "Latest on the lift the Nets Embargo" page, accessible from the Main Menu on the left, so check it regularly.