Saturday 22nd August
The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Southend-on-Sea 234-9 (52 overs)
Shenfield 236-4 (43.3 overs)
J Walton 86
O Ekers 63
Shenfield 263-5 (52 overs)
J Burgess 102
H Kumar 61
J Walter 53
Colchester & East Essex 198-8 (39 overs)
Upminster 202 all out (50 overs)
O Ives 5-50
Shenfield 204-7 (41 overs)
J Borman 74 not out
Billericay 107 all out (32.4 overs)
Shenfield 108-1 (17.3 overs)
O Southcott 58 not out
Dates for your Diary
- Tuesday 1st September 8pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Saturday 12th September 11.30am
- Jack Petchey Appreciation Event
4 team 20/20 matches
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Bell quits ODIs to 'focus' on Tests
- England batsman Ian Bell says he still has the "hunger" to play Test cricket as he retires from one-day internationals.
- Players want fewer county games
- A Professional Cricketers' Association survey suggests players want a reduction in domestic cricket to raise its standards.
- Moeen keen on England opening role
- England all-rounder Moeen Ali would welcome the chance to open the batting in the upcoming Test series against Pakistan.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Yorks beat Essex to make semi-final
- Yorkshire book a place in the semi-finals of the One-Day Cup with a 20-run victory over Essex at Chelmsford.
- Essex wanted Cook for quarter-final
- Essex wanted Alastair Cook to play in their One-Day Cup quarter-final but were told he was unavailable, says Paul Grayson.
- Hove wash-out puts Essex through
- Essex qualify for the One-Day Cup quarter-finals after their game against Sussex is abandoned because of rain.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 20th August 2015
- John Burrows Memorial Match - Do come along and watch this match v Hutton - Sunday 23rd August, 2pm. The format is slightly different this year -it will be an Under 19 match, 30/30 overs.
- 16th August 2015
- Congratulations to Tom Ballington - He was in the Essex U15 team today for a Quarter Final match v Gloucestershire in the National County Cup and scored 104 not out. Photos and more detail here.
- 4th August 2015
- Can you guess how much it cost to physically move the pavilion from its original site opposite The Rose to the top end of our present ground? - Here's the answer!
If you have never really thought about the early days of the club, do look at the 1921-1990 Gallery and History pages.
- 26th July 2015
- Congratulations to Matt Simmons - He scored 165 runs yesterday, more than half the the runs required to beat Hainault & Clayhall's 310 total.
Here's a photo of happy Matt, together with Riaz Rasool who was 33 not out, his final hit being the match-winning 6.
- 14th July 2015
- Message from the League - Play-Cricket Player Registration – It is an ECB requirement to receive full funding that a high percentage of players “SIGN UP”. This will allow the ECB to engage more with current players.
All who have played in League matches will have been registered by our own Play-Cricket administrator, but that registration has not included the ability for members to have their own user name and password to enable more interaction, which you are encouraged to have.
Go to: http://www.play-cricket.com/users/registrations/new
In filling in this application you should also apply to be a member of Shenfield’s club page, which you will be able to search for at the foot of the application page. The club Play-Cricket administrator can then merge this request with your current player profile on the club's Play-Cricket website.
It’s not as complicated as it sounds!
- 8th July 2015
- Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Please note that further updates have been and will continue to be added to the "Latest on the lift the Nets Embargo" page, accessible from the Main Menu on the left, so check it regularly.
- 6th July 2015
- Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Please see more background notes on the club's recent relationship with Brentwood Council.
- 4th July 2015
- "Lift the Shenfield Cricket Nets Embargo - Now" - Shenfield CC has launched an online petition to ask our MP Sir Eric Pickles & local Councillors to support parents and members of Shenfield Cricket Club in demanding that Brentwood Borough Council lift its embargo on the Club renewing its practice nets. The Council should not prevent young players from having safe and up to date facilities in this way.
Please sign this petition - it's free and will take just a few seconds of your time.
Please also read this document from Club Chairman, Paul Carter, which gives more detail on the history of this issue, as well as simple instructions for signing the online petition.
- 22nd June 2015
- All Players age 14 upwards - The ECB is calling on recreational players to have their say and influence the future of the sport at grassroots level in its third annual National Cricket Playing Survey.
You have the chance to win prizes, including signed merchandise and pairs of tickets to Investec Ashes Series and Royal London ODIs if you complete the survey!
- 20th June 2015
- New 6th Wicket Stand - Congratulations to Jack Kliber and Ollie Ekers for their record-breaking 6th wicket stand of 185 at today's match v Southend-on-Sea, beating the previous record of 168 held by P Rider and P Lindley since 1988. That's the second record broken this season!