1st XI Friendly
Saturday 30th April 2016
Shenfield 295-6 (50 overs)
T Ballington 75
H Mahmood 103 retired
Harlow 230 all out (42.1 overs)
The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Dukes Essex League Cup
Saturday 23rd April 2016
Harlow 226-4 (45 overs)
Shenfield 227-7 (44.5 overs)
R Plom 74 not out
M Salisbury 42
Dates for your Diary
- Key Date for Foals -
- Registration and training at the club for Foals (6:30-7:30pm) starts on:
Friday 13th May 2016
Foals are Foundation, Yr 1 & Yr 2.
Only paid up members to attend please.
- Tuesday 24th May
- 8pm. Main Committee Meeting
- Mon 15th Aug - Weds 17th Aug
- Colts 3 day Camp - 10am-3pm for 8 to 13 year olds
E-mail Thomas Fulk for details.
- Thurs 18th Aug
- Foals Camp 10-1pm for 5 to 7 year olds
E-mail Thomas Fulk for details.
- Friday 7th October
- Dinner & Dance - the biggest and best ever and crucial for the clubs fundraising efforts towards the new nets.
Mount Avenue Banqueting Suite. Tickets £40. 7pm for 7.30pm.
Contact Karen Sapsford to book your place.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- 'I thought I was going to die'
- Ex-England batsman James Taylor looks back to the day when he discovered he had an undiagnosed, career-ending heart problem.
- Hales has no regrets over rest
- England opener Alex Hales says he has no regrets over resting from Nottinghamshire's first two matches of the season.
- I'm not an intense character - Compton
- England batsman Nick Compton says his intense approach to the game does not reflect that he is "a different guy" off the field.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Worcs opener D'Oliveira hits maiden ton
- Worcestershire opener Brett D'Oliveira makes his maiden County Championship century but Essex remain on top at New Road.
- Cook and Westley make tons at Worcester
- England captain Alastair Cook makes his third Essex century of 2016 as his side continue to dominate Worcestershire.
- Cook on song again before New Road rain
- England captain Alastair Cook shares an unbroken stand of 128 with Tom Westley at rain-hit New Road.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 25th April 2016
- Shepherd Neame Essex League Handbook - Please note that the 2016 handbook is only available online.
It can be found here.
- 3rd April 2016
- NEW! SCC Fantasy Cricket League - This season Will Appleton will be running a Fantasy Cricket League covering all 1st to 4th XI league matches. The league will be running mainly to raise funds for the club which, of course, are always needed. As a club we have many fantastic team results and excellent individual performances week after week and this friendly and fun competition can really draw people's attention as to how teams and individuals are performing right across the club.
The Fantasy League is open to anyone and everyone so we encourage players right across the club to not only sign up but encourage family and friends to join in and follow the club as well. The more people who play, the more we raise (and the bigger the prize pool).
Here is a link to the website where you can register your team and make unlimited changes before the season gets under way on May 7th. Once you have registered, please pass monies to Steven Roach behind the bar.
The link on the main menu of this website to the Fantasy League will remain throughout the season.
In case of any queries please feel free to email Will Appleton at email@example.com
Thank you for your support and best of luck!
- 31st March 2016
- Ernie Barker - Sadly, we heard today he passed away on Monday 28th March, age 99. Ernie was the club's groundsman for more than 20 years and only retired when he was 85!
Previously he was full-time groundsman at Valentine's Park, Ilford, where Essex County matches were played on a regular basis for County week and during that period he twice won the Evening Standard Award for best cricket wicket outside of the main County Grounds.
After retiring from Ilford Cricket Club at 65 he worked for Brentwood Council looking after the Warley Park cricket pitch where he taught our present groundsman, Chris Boniface, how to maintain a cricket square, whilst also maintaining Shenfield's square and Brentwood's for a while.
Ernie also used to run the Knights Athletic Football Club in the Brentwood Sunday League during the 1960/70's.
His funeral will be held at Bentley Crematorium on Wednesday 13th April at 1pm.
- 23rd March 2016
- A Message from our Chairman, Paul Carter, re the New Nets - After a number of years of protracted negotiations an agreement has been reached between Shenfield Cricket Club and Brentwood Borough Council. This agreement will enable the club to replace and improve the current nets to provide a high quality, safe environment for training/practice to happen.
The agreement means there has to be some regularisation of activities. SCC will control and manage the Car Park and will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of this area. The storage containers needed remedial external works to keep them in reasonable decorative and structural condition. This has been done already thanks to those that helped out at the recent working party. The club also need to keep the pavilion in good order, which we already do, but is now part of the stipulations within the agreement.
A big thank you to all those that have been involved over this period, especially Stuart Barnes, David Carter and Greg Cooper who have given up considerable time and effort and produced plans and sought legal opinions at their own expense.
- 4th March 2016
- HELP WANTED! - This year's working party/spring-clean will be on 19th March from 09:30. Please see Guy's flyer for useful equipment you might be able to bring and don't forget your gardening gloves! Also note that in addition to all the usual chores necessary to get our pavilion and ground fit for the season, we have a couple of big jobs to do - painting containers and clearing the undergrowth.
Even if you can only spare an hour or two that would help.
- 9th February 2016
- Congratulations - To Tom Ballington and Harsh Kumar who have been selected for the Essex U17 squad this season and Luke Richards for the U11 squad.
In addition we have a number of colts who have been selected for District squads -
U9 - Teddy Desmond, William Dowlan, Daniel Green, George Sapsford
U10 - Evan Ackerman, William Dunleavy, Louis Griffin, Adam Pryor, Dillon Small, Max Toolan
U11 - Josh Kirby
U13 - Max Bear, Jasper Stuckey
What a lot of talented younsgters we have!
- 2nd February 2016
- Here's an interesting read for you - The Captains' Review of the 2015 Season.
- 28th January 2016
- TF Cricket have a sale of cricket clothing until Monday 29th February - Here is a list of the items and prices.
The latest price list for equipment is here and prices are competetive with other online stores.
Ordering can be done online at www.tfcricket.bigcartel.com by phoning Tom Fulk on 07738 264167 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15th January 2016
- ECB Club Support New Year Giveaway - A few minutes of your time entering this online draw could see the club win one of 48 prizes. The more entries the better chance of winning something! Prize draw will close midnight 10th February 2016.
- 3rd January 2016
- Congratulations to Jack Petchey on his well-deserved knighthood - The entrepreneur and philanthropist receives a knighthood for services to young people in East London and Essex in the New Year Honours.
He has contributed over £100m since he set up his foundation for young people aged 11-25 in 1999 and, since late 2004, worthy youngsters at Shenfield Cricket Club have been receiving grants which have greatly improved the equipment and facilities for our Colts section.
The Jack Petchey Foundation also contributed £5,211 towards the building of our new scorebox when the old one was destroyed by gale-force winds in 2007.