Saturday 27th June
The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Shenfield 258-7 (50 overs)
S Sarwar 68 not out
J Kliber 65
Hadleigh & Thundersley 130 all out (30.1 overs)
Shenfield 193 all out (43.2 overs)
T Ballington 81
Woodford Wells 194-3 (33.5 overs)
Hutton 203 all out (49.2 overs)
F Austin 4-38
Shenfield 204-9 (45.3 overs)
Basildon & Pitsea 3rd XI 237 all out (47.5 overs)
T Bukhari 6-39
Shenfield 192-8 (37 overs)
T Bukhari 47
Dates for your Diary
- Tuesday 21st July 8pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Monday 10th August - Wednesday 11th
- Colts Courses. See Application form
- Thursday 12th August
- Foals Course. See Application form
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Ex-keeper Taylor has heart attack
- Former England and Derbyshire wicketkeeper Bob Taylor, 73, is in hospital after having a heart attack.
- Moores "did good job for England"
- Former head coach Peter Moores says recent England performances have shown it was right to turn to young players.
- Australia not invincible - Stokes
- England's Ben Stokes says Australia are not an "invincible force" and believes there is "nothing to fear" in the Ashes.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Clarke and Starc signal improvement
- Australia captain Michael Clarke and bowler Mitchell Starc show some form ahead of the Ashes on day three against Essex.
- Panesar unavailable with 'issues'
- Essex head coach Paul Grayson says spinner Monty Panesar is unavailable for selection because of off-field "issues".
- Westley 'had luck on his side'
- Essex batsman Tom Westley believes he was lucky to reach his hundred against Australia in the Tour match at Chelmsford.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 22nd June 2015
- All Players age 14 upwards - The ECB is calling on recreational players to have their say and influence the future of the sport at grassroots level in its third annual National Cricket Playing Survey.
You have the chance to win prizes, including signed merchandise and pairs of tickets to Investec Ashes Series and Royal London ODIs if you complete the survey!
- 20th June 2015
- New 6th Wicket Stand - Congratulations to Jack Kliber and Ollie Ekers for their record-breaking 6th wicket stand of 185 at today's match v Southend-on-Sea, beating the previous record of 168 held by P Rider and P Lindley since 1988. That's the second record broken this season!
- 20th June 2015
- Our U7 colts recently played their first ever game at Shenfield High School against Brentwood CC - 2 squads played with 1 side playing terrier pairs cricket and the other team playing Kwik cricket.
Both squads showed they have developed good techniques over the last 3 seasons of training, winning each game. Violet Field was player of the match in the Kwik cricket game whilst Matthew Yip was the pick of the bowlers in the terrier cricket game.
The U7s plan to play several more fixtures during the season and we look forward to the boys and girls showing the same enthusiasm and enjoyment for these games. Here's a super photo.
- 11th June 2015
- Summer Camps for Colts and Foals, run by Head Coach, Thomas Fulk - The camps will be for Colts (age 8+) on Monday 10th August, Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th and Foals (age 5-7) on Thursday 13th August. The courses are open to everyone, not just Shenfield CC members.
Click here for the Colts Application Form and click here for the Foals.
- 1st June 2015
- Do you run a local business? - If so and you sign up to an advertising package with Phoenix FM through a recommendation from Shenfield CC, Phoenix FM will donate 15% of the money to the club. More details here.
- 3rd May 2015
- New 9th Wicket Stand - Congratulations to Tom Austin and Suhaib Sarwar for their record-breaking 9th wicket stand of 117 at yesterday's match v Fives & Heronians, beating the previous record of 114 held by D Griffith and A Hayes since 2008.
- 24th March 2015
- Congratulations to our U15s who have won the Essex Autogroup Indoor League trophy - They beat Hutton in an enthralling play off final on Sunday 22nd March. Shenfield won the final, played at the Graham Gooch indoor centre, scoring 124-5 from 12 overs. 6 of the 8 Colts in the current U15s squad have now won the title 3 times consecutively at U11 (2011), U13 (2013) and now U15 (2015). Congratulations to them all!
Photo and more details here.
- 12th March 2015
- Reminder of Pre-Season Working Party on Saturday 21st March -
0930 - 1700 but you don't have to be there all day! See Guy's flyer.
There is a great deal to be done - Here's the list. Please come and do your bit. Many hands make light work!
- 9th March 2015
- Congratulations to the U15s squad - They have reached the Indoor League Final at Essex on 22nd March at 5pm where they will face Hutton. SCC won 5 of their 7 games in a very competitive league, where going into the final round of games, any two of five teams could have made the final.
- 28th February 2015
- Cape Town Tour - The youngsters are back home now! Richard Abson-Bennett's complete report on their inspirational experience makes very interesting reading.