The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Saturday 23rd August
Shenfield 208-10 (50 overs)
O Ekers 61
South Woodford 171-10 (44.2 overs)
South Woodford 193-9 (52 overs)
R Lugg 5-71
Shenfield 193-6 (49 overs)
D Hazle 48
South Woodford 251-6 (52 overs)
Shenfield 254-3 (27.2 overs)
A Saich 149
C Savill 46
Oakfield Parkonians 3rd XI 236-6 (52 overs)
Shenfield 153 all out (39.4 overs)
Dates for your Diary
SOCIAL EVENTS are all at SCC
unless otherwise stated.
- Monday 1st September
- Bertie Joel Cup Final
We play Waltham at Sutton CC 11am start
- Monday 15th September 7.30pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Friday 17th October
- Dinner and Dance, details to follow. (Venue: Warley Park Golf Club)
- Saturday 13th December
- SCC Christmas Carol and Hymn singalong!! Details to follow. (Venue SCC)
- Wednesday 24th December
- Christmas Eve Drinks.
- Wednesday 31st December
- New Year's Eve Party.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Cook on brink of ban after fine
- Captain Alastair Cook is on the brink of a ban after England were fined for a slow over-rate in the ODI against India.
- Indian media: Raina's 'heroic' century
- Papers praise India's thumping 133-run win over England in the second one-day international.
- Cook angry about Swann's criticism
- Alastair Cook calls Graeme Swann a "so-called friend" after the ex-spinner said he should quit as England one-day captain.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Bears through to One-Day Cup semis
- Warwickshire secure a 67-run win over Essex at Chelmsford to book a place in the One-Day Cup semi-finals.
- Notts host Derbys in One-Day Cup
- Group B winners Nottinghamshire will host local rivals Derbyshire in the quarter-finals of the One-Day Cup.
- Essex win as Northants bow out
- Northants fail to qualify for the One-Day Cup quarter-finals after a four-wicket defeat by already-through Essex.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 26th August 2014
- A BIG thank you for a great night from Martin Ekers who organised the Race Night on 24th August. - The full results are here.
- 19th August 2014
- Congratulations from all at SCC to Matt Keane who recently got married - See this wedding photo of Matt and his lovely bride, Sophie.
- 18th August 2014
- Race Night, Sunday 24th August - All Races sponsored, all Horses sold, but you can still back your winner!
“TOTE” tickets will be on sale at the club during the evenings this week, as well as on the night of course, in multiples of just 50p, so back your favourite name or owner, and let Martin E or Roachy know what you want to back, and for how much.
- 17th August 2014
- Bertie Joel Cup - We won the Semi Final against Basingstoke and North Hants - We now face Waltham, winners the last two years, in the Final, to be played at Sutton CC on 1st September, 11am start.
- 15th August 2014
- Attention All SCC Players - Please read this document from the Shepherd Neame Essex League which has further questions on structure and formats for SNEL clubs and make your views known to your Captains before the end of the season.
- 14th August 2014
- Just 16 poor orphaned horses left for the 24th August Race Night and it will cost you just £10 to own one! - You even get it to name it yourself! This spreadsheet shows the 16 vacancies in the various races.
Contact Martin Ekers to choose your horse and arrange payment.
- 12th August 2014
- Bertie Joel Cup - The Semi Final match v Basingstoke & North Hants which was rained off last Sunday has now been re-arranged for this Sunday, 17th August, 1pm start.
Do come along and support.
- 8th August 2014
- Bertie Joel Cup - A semi final match v Basingstoke & North Hants has been hastily arranged for this Sunday, 10th August, 1pm start. The weather forecast does not look encouraging, but if the match does take place, do come along and support.
- 15th July 2014
- Shenfield’s longest serving Tea Lady passes away - It is with great sadness that we have to say goodbye to Mary Hindley who passed away yesterday, age 70.
The funeral service has been arranged for 2.00pm on Wednesday 23rd July at St Mary’s Church, Shenfield.
Family flowers only. Donations welcomed to MacMillan Nurses, British Heart Foundation, or Cancer Research.
Mary will be greatly missed but happily remembered, for she was never seen without a smile on her face, just as in this photo. Our sincerest condolences to Bill, husband of 42 years, sons Michael & Richard and family.
Mary prepared and made teas from an early age. First helping her mum make teas for her husband Joe when he played for the 2nd XI. She then progressed to being in charge for her husband Bill’s time, also for the 2nd XI. It was only last year when she returned to being an assistant for Michelle to help out Michael.
Mary still visited the home games when her boys where playing.
There was very much more to Mary than SCC tea lady:
- The Royal British Legion awarded the 45 year bar to her service medal for selling poppies and organising collectors in the Shenfield & Hutton area every year.
- For 55 years she sang in the St Mary’s church choir.
- She was a staunch member of Shenfield Green WI and took on the role of secretary in 2013 and ended up being treasurer as well.
- In 2009 she was awarded the Silver Acorn for outstanding services to Scouting. She supported Bill for decades in his scouting ventures and at Thriftwood took on the roles of Booking Secretary, Catering Manager and Tuckshop Manager.
- 10th July 2014
- Summer Camps for Colts and Foals, run by Head Coach, Thomas Fulk - These will be for Colts on Monday 18th August, Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th. The Foals Camp will be on Thursday 21st August. Click here to download the Colts registration form and here for the Foals form.