The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Saturday 20th August
Shenfield 153 all out (36.1 overs)
J Potticary 55
Chingford 157-7 (31.4 overs)
Overs reduced due to rain.
South Woodford 223 all out (46 overs)
Shenfield 216-8 (49 overs)
D Hickey 61 not out
Harlow 282-9 dec (45.3 overs)
O Ives 5-65
Shenfield 134-7 (39 overs)
Bad light stopped play before innings complete.
Loughton 5th XI 129 all out (38.1 overs)
Loughton only had 9 players
T Ramzan 4-37
Shenfield 132-2 (19.3 overs)
A Naqvi 61
Dates for your Diary
- Sunday 28th August
- U16 Matchplay Semi Final
v Oakfield Parkonians, to be played
at Billericay CC, 12:00 start
- Thursday 8th September 6.30pm
- Presentation evening for all Wednesday and Thursday nighters
- Friday 9th September 6.30pm
- Presentation evening for all Friday nighters
- Monday 12th September
- 7.30pm Main Committee Meeting.
- Friday 7th October
- Dinner & Dance - the biggest and best ever and crucial for the clubs fundraising efforts towards the new nets.
Mount Avenue Banqueting Suite. Tickets £40. 7pm for 7.30pm.
Contact Karen Sapsford to book your place.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Bangladesh upbeat over England security
- The head of the Bangladesh Cricket Board says he is confident there "won't be any problem" with security when England tour there this autumn.
- Anderson & Broad to miss rest of season
- James Anderson and Stuart Broad will miss the rest of the domestic season as they recover from injuries before the winter Tests.
- England's Bangladesh tour to go ahead
- England will tour Bangladesh in October despite security concerns, the England and Wales Cricket Board has confirmed.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Essex beat Leics to boost promotion push
- Division Two leaders Essex beat second-placed Leicestershire by an innings and 10 runs to edge closer to promotion.
- Lawrence stars for Essex with century
- Dan Lawrence's 123 not out puts Division Two leaders Essex into a strong position on day two against Leicestershire.
- All-rounder Ryder leaves Essex early
- Injured all-rounder Jesse Ryder returns to New Zealand early after he and Essex mutually agree to cancel his contract.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 26th August 2016
- Colts Training and Presentations - The last training week is next week, Wednesday 31st August - Friday 2nd September.
There will then be two subsequent presentation evenings (NO TRAINING) as follows:
All Wednesday & Thursday Nighters - on Thursday 8th Sept from 6:30PM at SCC
All Friday Nighters - on Friday 9th Sept from 6:30PM at SCC
Trophies will be presented by team Managers on both nights.
In addition, all Friday Nighters will receive a medal from their respective Managers / Coaches
- 25th August 2016
- Congratulations to the U16 Matchplay team who won their Quarter Final match - They beat Saffron Walden yesterday and will now play Oakfield Parkonians in a Semi Final, to be played at Billericay CC on Sunday 28th, 12:00 start.
Full scorecard here.
- 23rd August 2016
- Plenty Happening This Week at SCC - here's a message from Roachy -
With the sun out we have some great entertainment for you this week at the Shen! Cricket, BBQs, football and live music!!
Wed - Matchplay Quarter Final, come and support our under 16s in the last 8 of the flagship colts competition. 1pm start.
Fri - BBQ from 6pm and regular Friday night training.
Sat - 1st and 3rd XIs at home.
Sun - Man City v West Ham United, followed by the brilliant Sean Dillon singing ska, two tone and a bit of Madness! If you've not been to one of our Sean Dillon nights get yourself along, always great fun! And it's Bank Holiday Monday the following day so you have plenty of time to recover for work!
If you could message me on email@example.com to let me know if you're coming that would be a big help.
Cheers all, see you soon,
- 23rd August 2016
- U16 Matchplay Quarter Final, tomorrow, 24th - The opposition for the match is Saffron Walden CC.
Do come along and support - 1pm start.
- 16th August 2016
- More congratulations are in order! - The U16 Matchplay team have won their group stage, Group One, and will be hosting the runners up of Group Two in the Quarter Finals, at home on Wednesday 24th August, 1pm start.
Their opponents are likely to be Saffron Walden or Upminster, but this will not be known until after their matches are played on Sunday. Your support would be most welcome! See team photo taken at Woodford Wells.
- 11th August 2016
- Congratulations to our Seniors who are through to the Semi Finals of the League Cup as well as the Semi Finals of the Bertie Joel Cup - both are Home matches - come along and support them! The League Cup match is this Sunday (14th) v Chelmsford, starting at 1pm, The Bertie Joel Cup match is on Friday 19th v West Indies United, starting at 11am.
- 8th August 2016
- Congratulations to the U16 Matchplay team who won their match against Hutton yesterday - This match was also the annual match for the Amity trophy, so Shenfield retained it for the fifth year in a row. Here is a report of the match.
- 26th July 2016
- Congratulations to our Under 11s - They are through to the Semi Finals of the CEDCB U11 CUP.
Here is a report of the exciting match that saw them go through.
- 18th July 2016
- It's all happening at SCC - Yesterday, the U16 Matchplay team, in their first match of the season, beat South Woodford by 179 runs. Harsh Kumar contributed 132 towards our total of 287 and Tom Ballington 82.
See the match report here.
Our U12s have won 4 out of 5 of their Peter Coe Cup matches and our now through to the Quarter Finals.
Our Seniors have progressed well through major competitions -
They are through to the 3rd round of the League Cup and will play South Woodford, away, on 7th August.
They are through to the T20 Semi Finals and, hopefully, the Final, all to be played on Sunday 24th July at Billericay.
They are through to the 2nd round of the Bertie Joel Cup, to be played at Shenfield on Thursday, 21st July.
- 20th June 2016
- THIEVES are still targeting players' possessions at cricket clubs, so be very careful - Two clubs were broken into yesterday, one of them being Billericay, for the second time this season. Previously, at least 6 clubs that we know of have suffered. Wallets, phones and house/car keys have been stolen. The League published a warning about this man, so keep an eye out for him, but, of course, he may not be the only miscreant. A couple with a young child were suspected after items went missing from one club.