Sunday 24th July
Dukes Essex T20 Semi Final
Shenfield lost to Chelmsford by 7 wickets
In the Final, Chelmsford beat Brentwood by 10 wickets
The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Saturday 23rd July
Shenfield 268 all out (49.4 overs)
J Potticary 89
Hornchurch 245 all out (45 overs)
T Ballington 4-42
Shenfield 238-4 (45 overs)
J Salisbury 86 not out
G Sapsford 53
H Kumar 52
Hornchurch 210 all out (41.4 overs)
J Borman 5-27
Shenfield 125 all out (35.4 overs)
Wanstead & Snaresbrook 131-5 (18.3 overs)
Chingford 306-3 (40 overs)
Shenfield 266-6 (45 overs)
T Ramzan 115
Bertie Joel Cup 2nd Round
Thursday 21st July
Shenfield 262 all out (43.1 overs)
J Potticary 70
H Mahmood 49
T Austin 46
Bishop's Stortford 240 all out (43.5 overs)
Dates for your Diary
- Sunday 7th August
- 1pm League Cup, 3rd Round
Away at South Woodford
- Mon 15th Aug - Weds 17th Aug
- Colts 3 day Camp - 10am-3pm for 8 to 13 year olds
Download Registration Form here.
- Thurs 18th Aug
- Foals Camp 10-1pm for 5 to 7 year olds
Download Registration Form here.
- Monday 12th September
- 7.30pm Main Committee Meeting.
- Friday 7th October
- Dinner & Dance - the biggest and best ever and crucial for the clubs fundraising efforts towards the new nets.
Mount Avenue Banqueting Suite. Tickets £40. 7pm for 7.30pm.
Contact Karen Sapsford to book your place.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- Root 254 down to 'hurt' caused by coach
- England batsman Joe Root says the questioning of his mental approach by a coach spurred him on to his career-best innings.
- Stokes to miss Test with calf injury
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes is ruled out of next week's third Test against Pakistan with a calf injury.
- Vince will show his quality - Gatting
- Ex-England captain Mike Gatting says Hampshire's James Vince should be given time to adjust to the pace of Test cricket.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Essex v Glamorgan (Fri)
- Team news and preview ahead of Friday's final T20 group game between Essex and Glamorgan at Chelmsford.
- Essex win last-over thriller v Glamorgan
- Essex all but secure a place in the One-Day Cup quarter-finals with a thrilling last-over win over Glamorgan.
- Ryder ton in vain as Surrey beat Essex
- Jesse Ryder's blistering 131 off 110 balls proves in vain as Surrey beat Essex by 66 runs in the One-Day Cup.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 26th July 2016
- Congratulations to our Under 11s - They are through to the Semi Finals of the CEDCB U11 CUP.
Here is a report of the exciting match that saw them go through.
- 18th July 2016
- It's all happening at SCC - Yesterday, the U16 Matchplay team, in their first match of the season, beat South Woodford by 179 runs. Harsh Kumar contributed 132 towards our total of 287 and Tom Ballington 82.
See the match report here.
Our U12s have won 4 out of 5 of their Peter Coe Cup matches and our now through to the Quarter Finals.
Our Seniors have progressed well through major competitions -
They are through to the 3rd round of the League Cup and will play South Woodford, away, on 7th August.
They are through to the T20 Semi Finals and, hopefully, the Final, all to be played on Sunday 24th July at Billericay.
They are through to the 2nd round of the Bertie Joel Cup, to be played at Shenfield on Thursday, 21st July.
- 20th June 2016
- THIEVES are still targeting players' possessions at cricket clubs, so be very careful - Two clubs were broken into yesterday, one of them being Billericay, for the second time this season. Previously, at least 6 clubs that we know of have suffered. Wallets, phones and house/car keys have been stolen. The League published a warning about this man, so keep an eye out for him, but, of course, he may not be the only miscreant. A couple with a young child were suspected after items went missing from one club.
- 31st May 2016
- Peter Coe Cup Match on Monday 30th - With so many of the Under 12s away on holiday or school trips it was exceedingly difficult to get a team together, but with the help of the Under 10s age group we managed successully to field a competitive team.
We won! Alfie Griffin scored 75!
U12s Manager, Garry Griffin, would like to express his grateful thanks to the parents and children of the U10s for their support, also those who came from the usual age group, including a family who came home early from a holiday to participate. The boys from the U10s were Evan Ackerman, William Dunleavy, Max Toolan and Louie Griffin, all of whom fielded extremely well, bowled 1 over each giving away only 5 runs each and Louie took a wicket.
- 29th May 2016
- New nets open for use, at last! - After a very long wait to get permission from Brentwood Council for our new nets, they were finally installed and were officially opened today by Club President, Michael Wright.
Here are some photos taken on the day.
- 28th May 2016
- 1st XI match against Buckhurst Hill - A visitor, Peter Leavis, took some photos at the match and kindly sent them to us.
He also took a video of the last over which shows just how happy Shenfield players were to win!
- 16th May 2016
- Under 12s played at the County Ground! - As a side benefit of our Jack Potticary being chosen to play in the combined Essex Premier League and East Anglian Premier League team playing a T20 match v Essex Eagles, six of our Under 12s had the opportunity to play in a Kwick Cricket tournament beforehand. More detail and photos here.
- 6th May 2016
- The New Nets have finally been installed. - They cannot be used for another two to three weeks as the surface needs time to settle, but they will be worth the wait! Here are photos of the process.
- 25th April 2016
- Shepherd Neame Essex League Handbook - Please note that the 2016 handbook is only available online.
It can be found here.
- 3rd April 2016
- NEW! SCC Fantasy Cricket League - This season Will Appleton will be running a Fantasy Cricket League covering all 1st to 4th XI league matches. The league will be running mainly to raise funds for the club which, of course, are always needed. As a club we have many fantastic team results and excellent individual performances week after week and this friendly and fun competition can really draw people's attention as to how teams and individuals are performing right across the club.
The Fantasy League is open to anyone and everyone so we encourage players right across the club to not only sign up but encourage family and friends to join in and follow the club as well. The more people who play, the more we raise (and the bigger the prize pool).
Here is a link to the website where you can register your team and make unlimited changes before the season gets under way on May 7th. Once you have registered, please pass monies to Steven Roach behind the bar.
The link on the main menu of this website to the Fantasy League will remain throughout the season.
In case of any queries please feel free to email Will Appleton at email@example.com
Thank you for your support and best of luck!