Dates for your Diary
SOCIAL EVENTS are all at SCC
unless otherwise stated.
- Saturday 13th December
- SCC Christmas Carol and Hymn singalong!! Venue SCC)
- Wednesday 24th December
- Christmas Eve Drinks.
- Wednesday 31st December
- New Year's Eve Party.
- Tuesday 13th January 7.30pm
- Main Committee Meeting
- Saturday 25th April 1pm
- 2015 League Cup
1st Round Away to Loughton
Would you like to play for SCC?
- 26th November 2014
- AGM - A reminder that the AGM will be held on Tuesday 2nd December starting at 8pm. All are welcome.
- 24th November 2014
Events for November and December -
Please see fuller details here.
- 15th October 2014
- Post-Season Tidy up - Saturday 25th October from 10am. We are just looking for an hour or so of your time on the morning to do one of many small but important jobs. More details here.
- 3rd October 2014
- Dinner Dance on 17th October cancelled - reluctantly, due to a combination of circumstances.
However, as we all had the evening pencilled in for some food, drink, dancing and general merriment, we’ve arranged an alternative event at our club to achieve just that!
What would you do otherwise, sit home and watch TV?
No need, we’re bringing TV to you!
FRIDAY FUN NIGHT 17th OCT
7:00pm Club Bar open
8:30pm TV Fish & Chip Supper
9:00pm TV COMPETITION HOUR featuring local variants of “Deal or No Deal”, “The Price is (W)Right”, “Pointless”, “Name that Tune”, “What was the Advert?” , “Play your cards Right” etc., with team prizes.
10:00pm Singer……………… A short song set by Francesca Priest to get you in the mood for dancing.
The bar will be open till late.
Tickets are just £10 per person (including supper) and “smart dress” the order of the day.
We hope you will not be too disappointed about the D&D and will book your table and seats for the alternative.
Anyone wanting an alternative to fish & chips, please let us know when booking.
Contact Martin Ekers or Roachy to book.
- 29th September 2014
- Stratford Olympic Park - Fancy free admittance to the recording of a brand new series of The Clare Balding Show? Given the nature of the show, the producers would very much like their audience to comprise of sporting enthusiasts and are inviting club members and friends and family (over 16s) along to the recordings on 1st, 8th and 15th October - the tickets are completely free of charge.
There are big name guests - plus it's also a chance to marvel at the stunning BT Sport studios, right in the heart of the Olympic Park.
Cricketers Kevin Pieterson and Jimmy Anderson will be joining Clare along with other great guests. For dates, times and other info, go to this direct booking link.
- 18th September 2014
- Congratulations to and thanks from Shenfield High School. - Garry Sapsford says Shenfield High School is very grateful to Shenfield CC for hosting 3 Essex Schools Cricket finals this September. Shenfield High made each of these finals, winning the U19 final on the last ball v Newham College. SCC youngsters Alex Rickenbach, George Pratt and Haris Mahmood were fundamental to the dramatic win with 5 SCC players in total representing the school.
The U13 girls final was a local derby between Shenfield and St Martins with SHS winning by 30 runs with SCC's Imogen Southcott awarded Player of the Match. These Shenfield girls were also crowned National Schools Champions at Wormsley CC this week in a remarkable few days for the school's cricket teams.
The last Essex Schools final will feature Shenfield's U15 girls against St Angela's on Monday,22nd. Good luck in completing a county treble girls!
- 15th September 2014
- The Annual Dinner Dance At Warley Park Golf Club on 17th October is fast approaching - 7.30pm for 8pm. £35 per head, includes 3 course meal and entertainment. Tables of 8 ideally, but other numbers of between 6-10 can be worked out. Dress: Smart.
Final numbers and payments need to be in no later than OCT 3RD!!! Please let us know any dietary requirements when booking your table; we cannot sort this out on the night!
Please contact either Martin Ekers or Steve Roach to book tables and arrange payment.
Martin Ekers - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Roach - email@example.com or text 07952 498009.
- 8th September 2014
- Colts - Colts' Chariman, Stuart Barnes says "While it was sad to say goodbye to the four trophies Shenfield Colts won in 2013, we say hello to two new ones in 2014 at U9 and U11! Many congratulations to Garry Griffin and his U9 & U11 teams for doing so well this season."
- 7th September 2014
- Congratulations to the Under 9s who won the play offs today beating Bentley and then Hutton in the final - The lads deserve to look so happy! Here's what spectator Allan Salisbury had to say about the final - "It was a joy to watch. The Shenfield team were a cut above the opposition and deservedly won the trophy. Hutton were outplayed with bat and ball. Whilst in the field our boys were thoroughly focused on the game, backed up each other, caught well, threw well and hit the stumps two or three times to run-out the opposition batsmen. Just to see boys of that age walking in whilst fielding, watching and concentrating on the game and being alert to every game situation is very pleasing. They looked a really good team.
Our bowlers and fielders took wickets at regular intervals, stifling any opportunity for Hutton to build a total. When batting, our upper order in particular hit some fine shots, including several to the boundary.
Gary Griffin and team have obviously got the players very well drilled: they are a credit to him and to the club. Also bearing in mind that several of the boys are only u8s the future looks rosy for Shenfield colts!
I thoroughly enjoyed my morning and was very proud to support our young players."
- 2nd September 2014
- Super Colts - Delighted to report that the U11s won the League Div 2 West and the U9s are in the play off finals next Sunday (7th Sept) at Bentley Cricket Club, so we are in with a chance of a second trophy. The future looks good, with such strong youngsters coming through the ranks. Congratulations to Garry Griffin who manages both teams.
Your support at Bentley would be much welcomed. Here is the programme for the day.