The Shepherd Neame Essex League
Saturday 21st May
Shenfield 187 all out (54.2 overs)
H Mahmood 63
Hornchurch 191-6 (49.3 overs)
M Salisbury 4-42
Shenfield 315-4 (50 overs)
J Walter 169 not out
J Salisbury 64
Hornchurch 242-7 (45 overs)
T Bukhari 5-35
Shenfield 76 all out (28.3 overs)
Wanstead & Snaresbrook 77-6 (10.2 overs)
O Ives 4-10
Shenfield 239-6 (45 overs)
T Ramzan 116
Chingford 145-8 (38 overs)
Dates for your Diary
- Tuesday 12th July
- 8pm. Main Committee Meeting
- Mon 15th Aug - Weds 17th Aug
- Colts 3 day Camp - 10am-3pm for 8 to 13 year olds
E-mail Thomas Fulk for details.
- Thurs 18th Aug
- Foals Camp 10-1pm for 5 to 7 year olds
E-mail Thomas Fulk for details.
- Friday 7th October
- Dinner & Dance - the biggest and best ever and crucial for the clubs fundraising efforts towards the new nets.
Mount Avenue Banqueting Suite. Tickets £40. 7pm for 7.30pm.
Contact Karen Sapsford to book your place.
England news (from BBC Sport)
- England's Buttler stays at Lancashire
- England wicketkeeper Jos Buttler signs a new three-year contract with Lancashire until 2019.
- Woakes replaces Stokes for second Test
- All-rounder Chris Woakes replaces Ben Stokes in the England side for the second Test against Sri Lanka at Chester-le-Street.
- Compton chasing runs to keep Test place
- Nick Compton says he will be playing for his place in the side when England face Sri Lanka in the second Test in Durham.
Essex news (from BBC Sport)
- Glamorgan victory bid blunted by Essex
- Essex survive for a draw in Cardiff despite early Glamorgan pressure, with opener Nick Browne leading their resistance.
- Bragg ton puts Glamorgan on top
- Will Bragg's ton guides Glamorgan to a lead of 242 against leaders Essex with seven wickets left and one day to play.
- Van der Gugten limits Essex lead
- Timm van der Gugten helps Glamorgan limit Essex's lead after innings of 80 from Tom Westley and Ravi Bopara.
NewsWould you like to play for SCC?
- 16th May 2016
- Under 12s played at the County Ground! - As a side benefit of our Jack Potticary being chosen to play in the combined Essex Premier League and East Anglian Premier League team playing a T20 match v Essex Eagles, six of our Under 12s had the opportunity to play in a Kwick Cricket tournament beforehand. More detail and photos here.
- 6th May 2016
- The New Nets have finally been installed. - They cannot be used for another two to three weeks as the surface needs time to settle, but they will be worth the wait! Here are photos of the process.
- 25th April 2016
- Shepherd Neame Essex League Handbook - Please note that the 2016 handbook is only available online.
It can be found here.
- 3rd April 2016
- NEW! SCC Fantasy Cricket League - This season Will Appleton will be running a Fantasy Cricket League covering all 1st to 4th XI league matches. The league will be running mainly to raise funds for the club which, of course, are always needed. As a club we have many fantastic team results and excellent individual performances week after week and this friendly and fun competition can really draw people's attention as to how teams and individuals are performing right across the club.
The Fantasy League is open to anyone and everyone so we encourage players right across the club to not only sign up but encourage family and friends to join in and follow the club as well. The more people who play, the more we raise (and the bigger the prize pool).
Here is a link to the website where you can register your team and make unlimited changes before the season gets under way on May 7th. Once you have registered, please pass monies to Steven Roach behind the bar.
The link on the main menu of this website to the Fantasy League will remain throughout the season.
In case of any queries please feel free to email Will Appleton at email@example.com
Thank you for your support and best of luck!
- 31st March 2016
- Ernie Barker - Sadly, we heard today he passed away on Monday 28th March, age 99. Ernie was the club's groundsman for more than 20 years and only retired when he was 85!
Previously he was full-time groundsman at Valentine's Park, Ilford, where Essex County matches were played on a regular basis for County week and during that period he twice won the Evening Standard Award for best cricket wicket outside of the main County Grounds.
After retiring from Ilford Cricket Club at 65 he worked for Brentwood Council looking after the Warley Park cricket pitch where he taught our present groundsman, Chris Boniface, how to maintain a cricket square, whilst also maintaining Shenfield's square and Brentwood's for a while.
Ernie also used to run the Knights Athletic Football Club in the Brentwood Sunday League during the 1960/70's.
His funeral will be held at Bentley Crematorium on Wednesday 13th April at 1pm.
- 23rd March 2016
- A Message from our Chairman, Paul Carter, re the New Nets - After a number of years of protracted negotiations an agreement has been reached between Shenfield Cricket Club and Brentwood Borough Council. This agreement will enable the club to replace and improve the current nets to provide a high quality, safe environment for training/practice to happen.
The agreement means there has to be some regularisation of activities. SCC will control and manage the Car Park and will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of this area. The storage containers needed remedial external works to keep them in reasonable decorative and structural condition. This has been done already thanks to those that helped out at the recent working party. The club also need to keep the pavilion in good order, which we already do, but is now part of the stipulations within the agreement.
A big thank you to all those that have been involved over this period, especially Stuart Barnes, David Carter and Greg Cooper who have given up considerable time and effort and produced plans and sought legal opinions at their own expense.
- 4th March 2016
- HELP WANTED! - This year's working party/spring-clean will be on 19th March from 09:30. Please see Guy's flyer for useful equipment you might be able to bring and don't forget your gardening gloves! Also note that in addition to all the usual chores necessary to get our pavilion and ground fit for the season, we have a couple of big jobs to do - painting containers and clearing the undergrowth.
Even if you can only spare an hour or two that would help.
- 9th February 2016
- Congratulations - To Tom Ballington and Harsh Kumar who have been selected for the Essex U17 squad this season and Luke Richards for the U11 squad.
In addition we have a number of colts who have been selected for District squads -
U9 - Teddy Desmond, William Dowlan, Daniel Green, George Sapsford
U10 - Evan Ackerman, William Dunleavy, Louis Griffin, Adam Pryor, Dillon Small, Max Toolan
U11 - Josh Kirby
U13 - Max Bear, Jasper Stuckey
What a lot of talented younsgters we have!
- 2nd February 2016
- Here's an interesting read for you - The Captains' Review of the 2015 Season.
- 28th January 2016
- TF Cricket have a sale of cricket clothing until Monday 29th February - Here is a list of the items and prices.
The latest price list for equipment is here and prices are competetive with other online stores.
Ordering can be done online at www.tfcricket.bigcartel.com by phoning Tom Fulk on 07738 264167 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.