- 27th April 2017
- Please note that the dates of the two home T20 matches have been changed, therefore not as stated in the fixture card.:
The match v Brentwood has been moved from 6th June to Monday 12th June, Harold Wood moved from 23rd May to Tuesday 13th June.
Please also note that although it is not yet shown on the Fixtures web page, there will be 1st and 2nd XI matches on 6th May. The fixtures are fed through from Play-cricket which can’t cope with either/or and the opponents on 6th will depend on the result of the first round of the League Cup on April 29th.
- 15th April 2017
- What a cracking start to the new season:
Shenfield won the Friendly match v Harold Wood, with Shenfield scoring 293-9 in 50 overs and bowling Harold Wood out for 128 in 24 overs.
Our stars of the day -
Haris Mahmood 100, Tom Ballington 64, Harsh Kumar 44, Ollie Ekers 38
Matt Salisbury 4-16, Tom Austin 3-15.
- 13th April 2017
- SHENFIELD Cricket Club will host a national youth initiative later this year.:
The club will be hosting an All Stars Cricket scheme, which has been organised by the England and Wales Cricket Board aimed at providing children aged five to eight with a great first experience in the sport.
It will run for a period of eight weeks and is a game based programme that is suitable for all skill levels.
The initiative has been designed to ensure that more youngsters get a solid cricketing foundation, in addition to encouraging physical activity in a “safe and enjoyable” environment.
The programme is built on solid foundations of social and physical development for children. Our club coaches and activators are trained to provide every child with a great first experience in cricket.
The eight weeks will be action packed, with fun games and the chance to learn new skills.
The first session will take place on Saturday 20th May and finish on 8th July, with each session running from 09.30-10.30am.
A personalised kit bag will also be given to each participant, with the programme costing £40.
Apply via simple registration by clicking https://www.ecb.co.uk/play/all-stars/parents
- 21st March 2017
- Coaching for Coaches:
There will be a session for new and existing Coaches, coaching assistants, plus any older Colts (15 or over), managers and parents who are interested in helping with coaching our Colts’ players in 2017.
Even if you have no prior experience and wish to help, this is a great introduction to the Colts section of the club.
Led by our Head Coach Tom Fulk, the session will be held on the 18th April 2017 at the clubhouse, commencing at 7pm.
Areas to be covered will include;
- To understand club coaching activities
- Motivate the SCC Coaching and managing staff to deliver the best cricketing experience available to the children
- Develop and drive appropriate standards from the club staff through to those being coached
- To encourage ALL parents to participate with active responsibilities on Colts match days including umpiring, pre-match warm ups and supporting roles
- 20th March 2017
- A reminder that the pre‑season working party is this coming Saturday, 25th March from 9am:
Vital work needs doing to get everything up to scratch for the new season.
Jobs include painting, jet spraying, sanding, digging and rubbish removal. Jet sprays, shovels, strimmers etc and wheelbarrows are needed and if anyone has a large open van to get rid of rubbish that will be a big help!
Please let Guy know if you are coming and if you can bring anything with you, so that he can plan the allocation of jobs.
- 20th March 2017
- You are invited to the Grand re‑opening on April 1st of the refurbished Shenners Bar :
Great night of music and drinks deals. Booking required - see the invitation.
- 14th March 2017
- Have you got a large garden? You could use a ride‑on mower:
Have a look at this bargain.
- 13th March 2017
- Shenfield CC are partnering with TF Cricket for the 2017 season to provide you with all your cricket clothing — all ages:
Please see this letter from Tom Fulk explaining the two ways of placing an order.
- 13th March 2017
- More renovation has been going on — this time much‑needed work on the car park:
A team of strong volunteers spent hours yesterday shovelling heavy tarmac chippings into the massive potholes. A roller was then used to smooth it over. A very productive day's work.
Here are some photos of the workers.
- 4th March 2017
- There's a lot of renovation going at the club, in the bar, lounge and kitchen:
Here are a few photos of the work in progress.
Still a lot of work to be done, but it should look great when finished!
- 24th February 2017
- Winter Nets for most age groups:
1st and 2nd XI: Tuesdays, 7pm, Writtle Cricket Centre
3rd, 4th, 5th XI and U16s: Fridays, 9pm, Shenfield High School
U10s to U15s : Sundays, 4pm, Writtle Cricket Centre
Contact Jack Kliber on 07837 968 326 or David Castell on 07921 941 197
- 27th January 2017
- Here's an interesting read for you: The 2016 Season's Review.
- 15th January 2017
- SCC Feedback Survey: We value your feedback and contribution to help us shape the Club's future. Please follow this link and complete our survey.
- 13th January 2017
- Scorer Alert: Wickford CC are hosting a Club Scorer course, starting in March. It will run for 6 weeks on Thursday nights, from 8pm until 10pm, 2nd March until 5th April. The cost is £40 per person.
To book your place, please contact William Morrison.
- 10th January 2017
- Our grateful thanks to Ali Naqvi and Universal Property Management Ltd: For being our main club sponsor for the next 3 years. We look forward to a successful partnership both on and off the field.