Dates for your Diary
are all at SCC
unless otherwise stated.
- Sunday 27th August
- Race Night
- Saturday 9th September
- End of Season Disco
- Friday 6th October
- Annual Dinner & Dance
- Friday 10th November
- Quiz Night
- 2018 Saturday 3rd February
- Fall off Wagon Party!
Main Committee Meetings
- Wednesday 26th July, 7pm
- Wednesday 30th August, 7pm
- Wednesday 27th September, 7pm
- Wednesday 1st November, 7pm
Colts Committee Meetings
- Monday 11th September, 7.30pm
- 22nd July 2017
- Shenfield Village Sign:
Today saw the launch of the Shenfield Village Sign depicting 2000 years of Shenfield’s history ,from Roman times through to the Crossrail Elizabeth Line. It was commissioned by The Shenfield Environmental Partnership.
Pupils at Shenfield St Mary’s c of E School and Shenfield High School researched the history and were asked for their ideas on design and what should be depicted. Both schools wanted Shenfield Cricket Club to part of the design, which is why you can see stumps, bat and ball! Our Chairman, Andrew Maxwell, and his wife Linda were at the launch, along with a number of local dignitaries.
You will see the sign on the grass verge between Oliver Road and Holmwood Avenue.
Here’s a photo.
- 5th July 2017
- Jack Plom is in the news again and more congratulations in order: Jack has been named in the England U19 squad for the summer series against India!
Read all about it.
- 3rd July 2017
- Jack Plom will now not be playing for the League at the Essex County Ground on Tuesday night:
This is due to him being called up to play for the Essex 2nd XI. Congratulations, Jack.
- 28th June 2017
- Two exciting matches coming up next week where your support would be very welcome:
Jack Plom will be playing for the annual Essex Premier Leagues Team v Essex Eagles in a Floodlight T20 match at the County Ground on Tuesday 4th July, starting at 7pm. Playing against the likes of Mohammad Amir, Ryan ten Doeschate and Ravi Bopora promises to be quite an experience!
Entry is free and it would be great if a good number of people turned up to support Jack, who will be playing in his Shenfield CC T20 kit! Good luck, Jack.
Our T20 team are through to the Quarter Finals and will play v Hornchurch, Thursday 6th July away at Harrow Lodge Park. 6pm start.
Winners progress to the finals day at Billericay on Sunday 16th July!
- 23rd June 2017
- Your own SCC Club Blazer for £100:
Please complete the attached form and follow details as explained.
- 17th June 2017
- 50/50 Club Winners:
Congratulations to our recent winners.
If you want the chance to win prize money, all you need to do is join the 50/Club.
See here for details
|Feb 2017 Draw
|May 2017 Draw
- 4th June 2017
- Much as we missed Matt Salisbury playing for us yesterday, we are delighted that he had a great day playing for Hampshire agains Warwickshire:
He took two wickets in his first over, including that of Ian Bell. which goes down as a good start in anyone's books!
He also took a big six and a four batting at number 11 to ease his side beyond 500 runs. With Warwickshire 49-6 overnight they have a long way to go.
Well done, Matt!
Videos and ongoing coverage.
- 29th May 2017
- Congratulations to our Under 12 team:
Today they played v Hutton a Peter Coe Cup match which also combined competing for the John Burrows Memorial Cup and they easily won! Hutton 78 all out, Shenfield 82-0.
Here's a photo of our talented team, with the John Burrows memorial Cup.
- 25th May 2017
- Matt Salisbury has had a very good week and a tremendous start to the season:
Take a look at this!
- 25th May 2017
- Two Events to note:
On Bank Holiday Monday - 29th May, 10:00 start, the Under 12s will be playing at and against Hutton in a Peter Coe Cup match, but they will also be playing
for the John Burrows Memorial Cup. Do come along and cheer them on.
For the Seniors, the 3rd Round League Cup has been arranged for Sunday 18th June, 12:00 start at Shenfield. They would also welcome your support!
- 17th May 2017
- Colts Training tonight - 17th May cancelled : Due to the weather, both experienced and forecasted, training for tonight has been cancelled,
- 13th May 2017
- A message from Susan Wright and family:
We were touched by the number of people at Michael’s funeral, some of whom travelled a significant distance to be there. A great turnout for a great man.
Many thanks to all those who made donations to the club totalling £1,746 which will be a great help towards much needed improvements.
- 5th May 2017
- Funeral Arrangements for Michael Wright:
The funeral, a celebration of Michael’s life, will be held at 10am on Friday 12th May at
Brentwood CM15 9RZ
Family flowers only.
Donations to Shenfield Cricket Club for improving facilities.
After the service all are welcome at
Shenfield Cricket Club
22A Chelmsford Road
Shenfield CM15 8RQ
- 1st May 2017
- It is with great sadness we inform you that Michael Wright, our President, passed away suddenly yesterday, age 76:
Michael had been at the club since he was 8, as a spectator, then he became a scorer until he was old enough to play
and went on to captain both the Saturday and Sunday 1st XIs. League Delegate and Ground Manager were other roles he took on many years ago and continued
in those roles until he passed away. He returned to scoring when he gave up playing.
Funeral arrangements when known will be posted on this website.
- 27th April 2017
- Please note that the dates of the two home T20 matches have been changed, therefore not as stated in the fixture card:
The match v Brentwood has been moved from 6th June to Monday 12th June, Harold Wood moved from 23rd May to Tuesday 13th June.
Please also note that although it is not yet shown on the Fixtures web page, there will be 1st and 2nd XI matches on 6th May.
The fixtures are fed through from Play-cricket which can’t cope with either/or and the opponents on 6th will depend on the result of the first round of the League Cup on April 29th.