Dates for your Diary
All at SCC unless otherwise stated.
- Friday 14th December
- Christmas Party
Save the Date.
Details to follow.
- Thursday 6th December, 7pm for 7.30pm
- Annual General Meeting
All members welcome
- 16th November 2018
- SHENFIELD CRICKET CLUB COLTS WINTER CRICKET TRAINING
Commencing on Friday 4th January, these sessions will be targeting skill development across; batting, bowling and fielding,
as well as the vital match play skills required for when the players get going with competitions in the 2019 season.
The sessions will be highly active and fun for all players and are vital to help with player improvement and enjoyment from cricket.
Please see Winter Nets Flyer
Winter Nets Registration Form.
- 19th October 2018
- Aussie Appeal!
In 2021 Shenfield CC will celebrate its 100th anniversary. We would dearly love to see our former overseas players,
play a Shenfield XI v Australia XI match and maybe arrange the odd friendly for our antipodean guests. Save up your long service leave, book cheap holidays for the next couple of years and hatch your plans for the journey north.
Please give your contact details to Luke Jarvis so we can keep you informed.
Jarvis848@hotmail.com, +44 7507 623 125.
- 17th October 2018
- The Supper Dance on 5th October was a great success!
100 people attended. We intend to make this an annual event. Many thanks to all those who helped organise.
The pavilion was completely transformed for the event. See the photos.
- 5th October 2018
- Jack Plom signs professional deal with Essex!
Essex County Cricket Club have announced that Jack Plom has signed his first professional contract with the club, lasting until the end of the 2020 season.
See this article in the Romford Recorder.
- 3rd October 2018
- Shenfield Cricket Club young players celebrated in local press.
See this press cutting.
- 2nd October 2018
- Congratulations to Matt Salisbury who was named Durham's Breakthrough Player of the Year.
See these photos.
- 22nd September 2018
- End of Season Working Party - 29th Septmeber
SCC needs you for the post season tidy up!
- 19th September 2018
- Charity Dog Walk at SCC
There will be a Charity Dog Walk at Shenfield Cricket Club between 1pm and 5pm on Sunday, 7th October, organised by Shenfield Best Friends Vets.
The bar will be open!
The last Charity Dog Walk at Shenfield was 32 years ago!
Here’s a photo.
- 18th September 2018
- Colts — End Of Season Newsletter
See Matt Pryor's very interesting and comprehensive review of the season.
- 18th September 2018
- Shenfield Cricket Club Players make final at charity tournament
See report and photo.
- 15th September 2018
- Our President, Peter Rider, has been appointed England team manager for the forthcoming 50+ World Cup in Sydney.
England’s training camp is at Randy-Petes and the squad are based at the Crown Plaza,Coogee Bay.
There are seven group games, the pick being Australia at Manly on Nov 25th and the Kiwis at Bradman Oval on Nov 29th. The Semi Finals are at Bankstown and the Grand Final is to be played at Drummoyne Oval on 5th December.
There is a barbecue at the Manly game where more than twenty ex Shenfield Australians are hoping to attend.
The itinerary is here.
Here is a photo of Peter at Lords with Australian World Cup Chairman, Stirling Hamman.
- 9th September 2018
- Annual Supper Dance on Friday 5th October.
All those who have ordered tickets for the Supper Dance on 5th October will you please forward £25 per person to the following account:
HSBC 40 11 60
Ref: Surname. If group booking just ref group leader surname.
- 8th September 2018
- Congratulations to James Dowlen on receiving a Jack Petchey Leader award.
- 7th September 2018
- OSCA SUCCESS FOR SCC LEGEND DAVID CASTELL.
This as an ECB NatWest Outstanding Services to Cricket Award and thoroughly deserved.
More detail and photo here.
- 5th September 2018
- Yet more silverware for our Shenfield Colts!
See Matt Pryor's report with photo.